According to Sam and Jim Commenting on things that irk us off, make us laugh out loud or just seem too weird too believe According to Sam and Jim: Sam's Smart But He's Not Mr. Peabody and I'm Not Sherman

Monday, October 21, 2013

Sam's Smart But He's Not Mr. Peabody and I'm Not Sherman

Sam stares out the window a lot like he wishes I would take him somewhere fun. But I take him for a walk in the park ever day. What else does he want?

“How about some time travel,” Sam asks?

“Time travel?”

“Yeah, like you could take me someplace back in time and I could do some sightseeing and learn a little history.”

“H-m-m-m, that’s what Peabody and Sherman used to do on the Rocky and Bullwinkle Show.”

“Who’re Rocky and Bullwinkle?”

“Rocky was a flying squirrel and Bullwinkle was a moose. They had a TV show back in the ‘50s and ‘60s. It was animated comedy.”

‘Really? A flying squirrel and a moose?”

“Yeah, really. It was pretty funny. And one segment of the show featured this fictional genius dog named Peabody and his adopted human son Sherman. I read an article by Bryan Alexander in USA Today that somebody’s making a big screen movie featuring the duo.”

“Duo huh?”

“Yeah. Peabody invented this time travel machine called the WABAC (“way back”) and he used to take Sherman on these adventures where they would meet some of the greatest minds in history or witness some of the epic events of history.”

“You mean like that big Kennel Club thingy?”

“Well, sure, but you know, you could go back in time and meet somebody like the painter Van Gogh or the inventor Thomas Edison or somebody like that.”

“H-m-m-m. Time travel would be more interesting than sitting here staring out the window. Could we meet any cute lady dogs if we did that?”

“Maybe, although I don’t know of any cute lady dogs in history. Trouble is, we don’t have a time travel machine like Peabody and Sherman did.”

“Can’t you build one?”

“Sorry, I’m not that smart.”

“So, you’re saying Peabody, the dog, was the brains in that cartoon?”

“Yes.”

“H-m-m-m.”

“What? You think you’re the brains in this relationship?”

“Well, I do tell you when I need to go for a walk or go out for a pee or when I’m hungry and whether I want cheese nibbles or pepperoni. And I bark to let you know there’s a cat out in the yard or if one of the neighbors is walking by to go to the mailbox. “

“That’s true.”

“So, maybe I could invent a time-travel machine.”

“Have at it buddy.”

“Where you want to go first?

“Let’s see, how about if you take us back to the Wild West and we go for a ride on a real stagecoach and bandits try to hold up the stagecoach and there’s a shootout and we’re rescued by the Lone Ranger and Tonto or Roy Rogers or Gene Autry or one of those guys?”

“Whoa dude!”

“Guess I did get a little carried away huh?”

“That’s okay. You’re a good boy. Here’s a candy kiss for you, now go lie down on the couch.”

“Okay. Thanks Sam.”

“Sure. Humph. Time travel. Two bags of poop on that. Just take me down to Starbucks with you this afternoon and let’s split a blueberry scone.”

No comments:

Post a Comment