According to Sam and Jim Commenting on things that irk us off, make us laugh out loud or just seem too weird too believe According to Sam and Jim: Sending Missiles Into Syria Is A Really Bad, Dumb, Stupid Idea

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Sending Missiles Into Syria Is A Really Bad, Dumb, Stupid Idea

Obama. Obama. Obama!

Thank God you made that speech last night saying you had asked Congress to postpone a vote on legislation to authorize the use of military force against Syria.

I voted for you because you seemed to me like the anti-Dubya. Then you went and rattled sabers about sending missiles into Syria? No man. No! The Syrians have not attacked us. They are embroiled in a civil war that is none of our affair. We have absolutely no proof whatsoever that the Assad regime gassed its own people. For all we know, the rebels (especially Al Qaeda) gassed the Syrian citizens themselves in order to suck us into another Middle East conflagration where we don’t belong.

Why don’t we get this?! It is so exasperating to watch us make the same mistake over and over and over again. Obviously, we still haven’t learned anything from Korea, Vietnam, Somalia and Iraq. I don’t care what John McCain and his fellow hawks say. Just because they went through the Vietnam War doesn’t make them a Middle Eastern guru.

If we’re really serious about doing something in Syria, why not let Israel take care of things there? Assad has reportedly said he would attack Israel if the U.S. sent missiles winging his way. Cool! Has he so easily forgotten the Six Day War? And with his country fighting a civil war and his forces spread thin and becoming weary, Israel would only need about a day and a half to kick Assad’s butt.

And when Hilary says we should strike Syria, you should run like the wind. Any advice Hilary gives you should be immediately discarded because she is gearing up to run for president and she does not want to look weak to the male voters.

It is so annoying and bogus to listen to people who say we should strike Syria. We tried to help in Egypt. Now look what’s happening there. The bleeding hearts got us sucked into Somalia and what a disaster that was. It always seems to come down to the children. If the bleeding hearts can’t involve us in war any other way, they start talking about the children; “The children are starving. The children are being gassed. The children are being kidnapped and made to fight.

Now you’re echoing the bleeding hearts too saying, “When with modest effort and risk we can stop children from being gassed to death and thereby make our own children safer over the long run, I believe we should act.”

No, Mr. Obama, no. That kind of thinking does not make America different or exceptional it just makes America stupid - AGAIN!

I feel like I’m ranting. Well, I guess I am. Sometimes I think I resemble Sam when he’s barking at the back door because a neighbor’s dog is walking by. Sam’s barking does absolutely no good. Nobody listens.

Don’t get me wrong. I feel incredibly sorry for Syria and its people. War really is hell. I keep wondering why we humans engage in war so often. Throwing off tyrannical rulers is understandable, but is Assad as tyrannical as, say, Saddam was? I’ve never gotten that impression.

Well, three bags of poop on this whole Syria thing. I suspect many of you readers are asking yourselves, “What the heck does this Perkins guy know about anything?”

Nothing. Okay? I admit it. I don’t want to know anything. I like just being cute. That’s good enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment