According to Sam and Jim Commenting on things that irk us off, make us laugh out loud or just seem too weird too believe According to Sam and Jim: Anarchist Workshop at State-Funded College is Oxymoronic

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Anarchist Workshop at State-Funded College is Oxymoronic

We’re b-a-a-a-ck!

Sam and I have returned from our vacations and are ready to blogify our way back into your hearts and into our rightful places in history. Hope they’re good places, eh?

I was in Montana with Kathleen the past week and Sam was at Top Dog Extended Day Care playing with his pals. We all had a great time during our vacations, but we were tired when we returned home. I took a great picture of Kathleen and Sam crapped out on the couch. I’ll post it on Face book if you care to look at it. Fortunately, a couple days of resting up have rejuvenated us and here we go again. Hope you enjoyed the posts that Sam and I scheduled as re-runs while we were gone. Here’s a brand new post.

Sam and I read with interest an article by Chelsea Krotzer in The Olympian, that an anarchist workshop at The Evergreen State College here in town, was halted after a “set-to” with a guy trying to film the workshop. Apparently some anarchists and would-be anarchists didn’t’ take kindly to their workshop being filmed. Why not, we wondered?

We know the police here and in Seattle and in other Washington cities are gearing up for possible May Day riots by anarchists. Riotous-type disturbances have occurred in the past hereabouts and have caused some pretty widespread damage to persons and property. The police have been conducting their own workshops on how to respond to possible anarchist riots this year; rightly so because the flatfoots looked rather flatfooted and unprepared last year.

Some of last year’s Seattle anarchist rioters were caught on film and prosecuted for their criminal actions. Now, especially after the Boston bombers were identified from security camera film, you can bet more filming of May Day participants is going to take place. Sam and I suspect the people at the anarchist workshop knew that and didn’t want to be filmed ahead of time so the cops could be prepared for them and more easily identify them.

I used to be so shy about having my picture taken that I stubbornly refused one time to pose with my grandparents, aunts, mother and father and siblings no matter how much cajoling they tried. I suppose I’m only alive today because I finally relented. I’ve outgrown my reluctance to be photographed and I’m no longer afraid of the camera - security or otherwise. The way I figure it now, if you can’t do the time, don’t to the photograph.

But I have a question for The Evergreen State College. What the HELL are you doing allowing a bunch of hooligan anarchists to hold a workshop on the campus of my alma mater? Yes, I said HELL!

According to a 1910 essay by someone named Emma Goldman, anarchism is the “philosophy if a new social order based on liberty unrestricted by man-made law; the theory that all forms of government rest on violence and are therefore wrong and harmful, as well as necessary.”

The Free Merriam Webster defines anarchism as the absence of government; a state of lawlessness or political disorder due to the absence of governmental authority; a utopian society of individuals who enjoy complete freedom without government; the absence or denial of any authority or established order.

Guess what anal-anarchists, no such thing as a utopian society will ever exist. When you tear down all forms of government, especially democratic forms, what you get is something way worse.

Three bags of poop; four if I can scrape another one up, on Evergreen for allowing an anarchist workshop on campus. The very idea causes my geoduck sphincter muscle to spasm with rictus

No comments:

Post a Comment