According to Sam and Jim Commenting on things that irk us off, make us laugh out loud or just seem too weird too believe According to Sam and Jim: A Catechism of Witticisms

Monday, November 5, 2012

A Catechism of Witticisms

Recently, Sam and I blogged about baseball caps and how they usually sported logos or witty sayings to which their owners related. Well, Sam and I were looking at a Christmas catalog yesterday morning, appropriately titled Catalog Favorites, that featured several T-shirts with witty sayings emblazoned across their chests, and we thought some of those sayings were worth passing on.

Here’s one: “Ever feel like you are one dumbass away from completely losing it? Oh yeah, been there, done that.

How about this one? “Everything tastes better with ketchup.”

How about? “Prayer, the world’s greatest wireless connection.”  Sure beats Century Link.

Here are a few more:

“Alcohol, tobacco, firearms. Who’s bringing the chips?”

“Ask me about my ADD or cake. I like cake. What’s today? I saw a tree. Hi.”

“I am old I can laugh, cough, pee sneeze and fart at the same time.”

“My Indian name is Runs with Beer.”

“Some people say I have a bad attitude. Screw them.”

“I flunked anger management.”

“Geezer /ge zer/ slang. Not young. Not Dead. Somewhere in between.”

“SARCASM. Just one more service I provide.”

“Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?”

“Shut the Duck up!” This one shows a duck with duct tape wrapped around its bill. Quacks me up.

“If mama ain’t happy, ain’t nobody happy.” You got that right!

“This is what an awesome brother (dad, uncle - insert one) looks like.”

“D.A.D.D. Dads against daughters dating.” Could have used this one when my girls were growing up.

“In dog beers I’ve only had one.”

“Wine improves with age. I improve with wine.” Actually, I usually get sleepy, amorous and/or clumsy.

“Don’t make me put my hands on my hips!”

“I’m so old I fart dust.

“Sometimes I laugh so hard tears run down my leg.”

“Of course I’m perfect. I’m Italian!”

“Ho Lee Chit.”

And then there’s the one showing a Dachsund standing in a patch of grass that says, “The grass is greener under my wiener.” GROSS!

A few weeks ago when Kathleen and I visited her family in Montana, I bought our brother -in-law, who likes to hunt, a T-shirt that showed a guy with a gun on it and said something like, “It’s hard to be a vegan when you have to shoot broccoli.”

Probably my favorite witty T-shirt saying is, “Only my dog (insert name) Sam understands me.”

Sam and I are not crazy about the T-shirt that says, “I’m with stupid.” We’re even less crazy about the one that says, “I’m stupid.” We’d have to decide who was who and I’m afraid how that might turn out.

Talking about witty sayings has Sam and I thinking about creating our own T-Shirt to use for publicity purposes. It would have our picture on it, of course, and probably would just say, “Poop on that!” Think you might want to buy one of those?

No comments:

Post a Comment