According to Sam and Jim Commenting on things that irk us off, make us laugh out loud or just seem too weird too believe According to Sam and Jim: I Ain't Scared a' Nuthin' (Wrong). What's that Noise?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

I Ain't Scared a' Nuthin' (Wrong). What's that Noise?

Happy Halloween everybody. Sam and I hope you get your spook on and have a great All Hallowes Eve.

Speaking of spooky: What’s the spookiest thing or time you’ve ever experienced or dreamed of?

I can remember a few spooky moments in my life. When I was about ten or eleven, my dad took me fishing in this wild wilderness area and left me sitting on this big rock in a creek while he waded around a bend to catch the big one. While my dad fished my imagination got the best of me and I started hearing bears growling and snakes slithering. I started screaming at the tops of my lungs. My dad nearly killed himself struggling in waders over slippery rocks to get back to me and nearly killed me when he learned I was just being a ‘fraidy cat.

In the eighth grade I had to walk in the dark across this large abandoned field between my house and my school to go to basketball practice. I just knew some horrible monster was going to rise up out of the long grass and grab me by the throat.

One time on a Christmas trip to Oregon my mother fell asleep while driving our car. The next think I knew, I heard the blast of an 18-wheeler’s air horn, a terrified scream from my mother, and I suddenly was looking square into the radiator of a HUGE Peterbilt! I still don’t know how we avoided being killed that night.

Later on in life my first wife and I bought a brand new house in a development still under construction. We were the only occupied house on our block. Late at night, two nights in a row, I heard what sounded like someone trying to break into our house via the front door. The third night in the house I sat at the top of our stairs with my .357 revolver in hand determined to blow anybody who came through our front door back out into the street and all the way to Kingdom Come. Fortunately, I never had to do that because later that night the local cops busted some kids partying In the empty house next door.

One thing that scares the bejeebers out of me is heights. I can barely climb a step ladder without becoming nervous. I think I fell out of my high chair when I was a wee tot. Anyway, I sometimes have this nightmare where I’m at the top of a r-e-a-l-l-y tall skyscraper and I’m swinging on a steel beam out over nothing to look down at all the cars and people below. Even as I write this I’m getting that funny feeling in my groin!

Speaking of high places, have you ever had the insane urge when crossing a bridge or when you’re standing in a high place to jump? SPLAT! I don’t know about you but in those instances I grab hold of the nearest solid thing and hold on for dear life. What makes a person feel like he or she should jump? SCARY! I once took my five-year old niece to the top of Seattle’s Space Needle in its glass elevator. My niece had her nose plastered against the glass watching us go and was saying, “Isn’t this neat Uncle Jim?” and I was plastered against the back of the elevator with my eyes closed.

One other imagined fear I have is a dream where I’m a soldier in WWII and the Nazis torture me by allowing bugs to crawl around on my body, in my eyes, my nostrils, my ears . . .arrgh!

Trick or treat y’all. Give Sam and I your chocolate bars and nobody gets their lawn pooped on

No comments:

Post a Comment